Earth Rated is a Canadian company on a mission to keep the world wagging. We take pride in creating high-quality, innovative products designed to help make cleaning up after your pet less of a chore.
We're a a small Canadian company with a close-knit family feel and a powerful market presence. We’re growing fast and are seeking talented, creative and dynamic people to help us become the most valued and trusted brand in the pet industry.
We offer competitive salaries, benefits and perks, endless learning and growth opportunity, and an all-around awesome work environment.
More specifically, when you join our team, you benefit from:
- Health & Dental insurance funded 100% by Earth Rated
- Virtual health care & consulting services through Consult +
- Flexible schedule options
- An annual bonus plan for all Earth Rated team members
- 24/7 access to the Earth Rated exclusive gym: UNLEASHED
- Access to our very own Earth Rated personal trainer
- Company paid cell-phone plan
- Paid vacation time-off including an office closure from December 24 to January 1 inclusively
- Paid sick days
- Every day FREE lunch, snacks, and hot beverages
- A brand-new innovative office space designed for collaboration (April 2021)
The role of the Director of Sustainability & Environment will be to ensure that Earth Rated maintains and works towards finding new, innovative and environmentally responsible ways to continue creating and distributing eco-conscious products globally.
As the primary source of information and knowledge related to sustainable development, the Director of Sustainability & Environment will be in charge of developing, implementing and monitoring company environmental strategies.
- Develop a broad understanding of how the organization and industry works by conducting a thorough analyses of the business, factoring in elements such as the resources Earth Rated uses, long-term business development objectives and existing environmental regulations by location.
- Using the data collected post analysis, measure Earth Rated’s sustainability performance and set strategic priorities, goals and objectives for the organization based on these findings.
- Research, develop, and implement policies that improve the organization’s environmental impact.
- Ensure the adherence to all laws and industry regulations by location (biodegradable certifications, compostable certifications, and more).
- Develop policies and initiatives that emphasize the proper use of environmental resources with a focus on sustainable resources.
- Ensure that the organization sets and meets environmental goals.
- Coordinate with various teams and leadership to develop and maintain an effective strategy for sustainability.
The ideal candidate possesses the following:
- Demonstrated knowledge of and passion for sustainability issues, disclosure practices, and industry-wide trends as well as the relevance of sustainability issues to the consumer goods industry
- Experience with corporate sustainability reporting frameworks
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable
- Strong teamwork, resourcefulness, and project management skills
- Critical thinking skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
Education & Experience
- A Bachelor's degree in engineering, environmental science, or other related fields.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in a leadership role in sustainability