Earth Rated is a Canadian company on a mission to keep the world wagging. We take pride in creating high-quality, innovative products designed to help make cleaning up after your pet less of a chore.
Visit our website
to learn more about us!
We're a growing Canadian company with a close-knit family feel and a powerful market presence. We’re expanding fast and are seeking talented, creative and dynamic people to help us become the most valued and trusted brand in the pet industry.
We offer competitive salaries, benefits and perks, endless learning and growth opportunity, and an all-around awesome work environment.
More specifically, when you join our team, you benefit from:
- Health & Dental insurance funded 100% by Earth Rated
- Virtual health care & consulting services through Consult +
- Flexible schedule options
- An annual bonus plan for all Earth Rated team members
- 24/7 access to the Earth Rated exclusive gym: UNLEASHED
- Access to our very own Earth Rated personal trainer
- Company paid cell-phone plan
- Paid vacation time-off including an office closure from December 24 to January 1 inclusively
- Paid sick days
- Every day FREE lunch, snacks, and hot beverages
- A brand-new innovative office space designed for collaboration (April 2021)
Do you have a passion for discovering solutions hidden in large data sets and working directly with leaders and stakeholders to improve business outcomes? Are you a data-whiz looking for a new and exciting opportunity to apply your knowledge? Let’s chat!
As a full-stack Data Scientist at Earth Rated, you will engineer and work on each stage of the data science lifecycle, from beginning to end. You will support our supply-chain, product, B2B/ B2C/ eCommerce, sales, marketing, sustainability, and leadership teams with insights gained from analyzing company data.
The primary responsibility of the Data Scientist will be to explore and make sense of large data sets in order to find opportunities for product and process optimization at Earth Rated. More specifically, you will:
- Identify and understand business opportunities that can be tackled using the data science toolkit.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to identify existing problems or inefficiencies that can be solved with data science.
- Prioritize projects and process flows with the most value to the team while ensuring that the needs and goals of the organization are met.
- Propose solutions and strategies to business challenges.
- Collaborate across divisions once problems are identified and ensure that the result or solution is acceptable and meets the team’s needs.
- Coordinate with various stack service providers (database, warehouse, ETL, visualizations, AI/ML).
- Present findings and information using data visualization techniques such as dashboarding.
- Tailor data science ideas, results, and value in plain language for non-technical audiences in order to create buy-in.
The Ideal Candidate
- Proven ability to drive business results with their data-based insights.
- Comfortable working with a wide range of stakeholders and functional teams.
- Strong experience with a variety of data mining/ data analysis methods, using a variety of tools (stacks).
- Capable of building and implementing models, by using or creating algorithms and running simulations.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in IT, computer science, math, physics, or another related field
- Relevant work experience required