Earth Rated is a Canadian company on a mission to keep the world wagging. We take pride in creating high-quality, innovative products designed to help make cleaning up after your pet less of a chore.
Visit our website
to learn more about us!
We're a growing Canadian company with a close-knit family feel and a powerful market presence. We’re expanding fast and are seeking talented, creative and dynamic people to help us become the most valued and trusted brand in the pet industry.
We offer competitive salaries, benefits and perks, endless learning and growth opportunity, and an all-around awesome work environment.
More specifically, when you join our team, you benefit from:
- Health & Dental insurance funded 100% by Earth Rated
- Virtual health care & consulting services through Consult +
- Flexible schedule options
- An annual bonus plan for all Earth Rated team members
- 24/7 access to the Earth Rated exclusive gym: UNLEASHED
- Access to our very own Earth Rated personal trainer
- Company paid cell-phone plan
- Paid vacation time-off including an office closure from December 24 to January 1 inclusively
- Paid sick days
- Every day FREE lunch, snacks, and hot beverages
- A brand-new innovative office space designed for collaboration (April 2021)
Earth Rated is looking for a self-motivated and results-driven Director of eCommerce for our 3rd party channels, websites and marketplaces. This role will be responsible for strategizing, directing and vision setting for all eCommerce operations. As leaders in our categories and products that reach over 4 million people a day (and growing), we need someone who is not afraid to take risks, try new things, and explore new markets.
The ideal candidate is a strategic leader with strong business acumen and a passion for eCommerce. If you’re looking to build on your relevant experience with new tools & systems and ready to lead a high-performing team through significant growth, we want to speak with you!
- Develop and deliver strategies to achieve annual financial plans (sales, margin, contribution and turns).
- Partner with Senior leadership to identify potential business partners and collaborators.
- Maintain strategic foresight by researching industry trends, identifying customer and business needs and adjusting departmental and team objectives accordingly.
- Initiate strategic enhancements to business systems and workflow to maximize growth.
- Support the Earth Rated strategy by developing mid to long-term departmental and team plans (1-2 years).
- Identify appropriate technology solutions for our operations.
- Responsible for growth and management of all 3rd party platforms (Amazon, Walmart, Target, Chewy etc.)
- Ensure our brand is well represented on each individual platform.
- Accountable for quarterly, monthly + yearly revenue goals, pipeline management and growth goals.
- Leverage insights from ROI analysis based on results to increase sales, conversion, Average Order Value (AOV), repeat purchases, while unlocking opportunities for growth.
- Leverage customer feedback to highlight opportunities and resolve problems at their root cause.
- Ensure the execution of team deliverables and adapt team priorities based on changing needs.
- Act as an advocate for the customer by placing them at the forefront of all design and decision-making processes.
- Challenge the status quo by consistently identifying areas for improvement, diagnosing issues and working to resolve them.
- Grow and promote brand awareness to third party sellers while effectively managing workload and vendors projects.
People and Culture
- Build, attract and motivate a high-performance team consistent with Earth Rated's core values.
- Ensure all team members are provided with clear performance objectives that are aligned with Earth Rated’s departmental goals.
- Work in a collaborative and constructive manner with team and cross functional partners.
- Promote and celebrate equity and diversity.
- Take an active role in fostering a culture of continual learning, taking risks without the fear of making mistakes.
- Champion innovation and creativity through your team and promote diversity of thought.
- Bring out the best in your team!
- Visionary with 10+ years of experience in an eCommerce leadership role, preferably in a high volume, automated 3rd party platform environment.
- Experience leading eCommerce with an omni channel mindset and a holistic view of the end-to-end customer experience.
- Relentless appetite to grow a business - proven track record in running a successful eCommerce business with significant year over year sales and profitability growth in a highly competitive industry.
- Demonstrated senior leadership and decision-making skills in a fast paced, consumer driven environment including advanced online customer analytical skills.
- Strong skills in strategy, planning, budget, P&L management, merchandising and marketing.
- Proven leadership and team management skills derived from having direct responsibility for building and managing a cohesive, high-performing team.
- Demonstrated big-picture thinking and experience in a dynamic, environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate complex or digital/social concepts to a non-digital audience.
- Creative, diplomatic, cool under pressure and strong interpersonal skills.
- Must like dogs ;)