Earth Rated is a Canadian based company with a mission to keep the world wagging. We take pride in creating high-quality, innovative products, designed to help make cleaning up after your pet less of a chore!
We're a growing Canadian company with a close-knit family feel and a powerful market presence. We’re expanding fast and are seeking talented, creative, and dynamic people to help us become the most valued and trusted brand in the pet industry.
With our values of integrity, innovation, quality, and giving back, we strive to be the best in everything we do. We also offer competitive salaries, benefits and perks, endless learning and growth opportunities, and an all-around awesome work culture!
What's in it for you when you join our awesome team?
- A dog friendly and inclusive culture, and work environment like no other!
- Health & Dental insurance funded 100% by Earth Rated
- Virtual health care & consulting services through Consult+
- Flexible schedule and work from home options
- An annual profit-sharing plan for all Earth Rated team members
- 24/7 access to the Earth Rated exclusive gym UNLEASHED with our very own personal trainer
- Company paid cell-phone plan
- On-site parking
- Paid vacation time-off including an office closure from December 24 to January 1 inclusively
- Paid sick days
- Every day FREE gourmet lunches, snacks, and hot beverages
- A brand-new innovative office space designed for collaboration
- Great work/life balance
Are you someone who is passionate about numbers, loves problem solving, and thrives in a fast-paced environment? If so, Earth Rated has the job for you! We are currently looking for a dedicated, diligent, and analytical person to join the Accounting team as an Assistant Controller.
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the ideal candidate should have experience in the Accounting world, and be familiar with all accounting procedures. This role will consist primarily of supporting all accounting and finance functions, by performing various accounting activities and analyses.
- Responsible for the entire accounting cycle;
- Prepare accurate and timely financial reporting on a monthly basis;
- Research technical accounting issues as needed and establish company-wide accounting policies;
- Payroll, AR, AP, and other general accounting;
- Lead annual audit compliance work;
- Prepare bank reconciliation;
- Review and file GST/QST and other government remittances;
- Resolve accounts receivable and accounts payable issues;
- Develop, document, and implement internal controls;
- Assist in identifying inefficiencies and revamping processes to eliminate them in addition to providing training and support to finance staff;
- Keep all data and information confidential.
- CPA designation with 3 years of progressive experience
- Ability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Possess strong organizational skills
- Detail-oriented and meticulous
- Are able to communicate effectively to both internal and external stakeholders
- Possess excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Can deliver results independently and while working with a team
If this sounds like you, apply now! We're looking forward to meeting with you!